02 03 pinkschmink: Today I'm Wearing ... Toon Tees 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Today I'm Wearing ... Toon Tees

34
Today I'm Wearing ... Toon Tees


Selected Femme tee, €13.48 (about £11), WeLikeFashion.com ~ Collarless blazer, £40, River Island
J Brand 835 jeans, £185, Net-A-Porter ~ Christian Louboutin Bootylili boots, £725, matchesfashion.com
Finn mini bag, AU$24.95 (around £13), Forever New ~ Tag Heuer Formula 1 Indy 500 watch, £1,350, Ernest Jones


This outfit is actually from Sunday, but because this week is a full-on work week (assume the position: head down behind laptop) I probably won't put together any outfits that don't involve leggings, ancient sweatshirts or pyjamas.

I have a tee that I think of as my Carrie Bradshaw tee because when I saw it in the shop I instantly thought of this moment (when Berger tells Miranda a guy's just not that into her). Underneath her blazer, Carrie wears a vintage Mickey Mouse tee and I just loved the juxtaposition of the almost childish tee with the grown-up tailoring. So of course the grey marl tee with neon pink Mickey and Minnie emblazoned across it had to be mine despite the fact that I'm really not a cartoon/slogan tee kind of person. Trouble is that I can't get out of the rut of wearing it with a blazer over the top (current favourite being a collarless number that I like to tell everyone is vintage but is actually my old uniform blazer from when I worked as a hotel receptionist a million years ago).

Another fun fact about my Mickey tee? Although I just said that I might struggle to pull together any non-pyjama-based outfits this week, my Mickey and Minnie tee actually came from the nightwear department. The lesson: never overlook the pyjama rail – it's a source of some brilliant tees, as long as you avoid the obviously bed-related ones ...

Labels:

35 36 37 38